The cold calling process and system should be part of every commercial real estate agency. We all know that the property market is a bit of a challenge at the moment, however those salespeople that consistently cold call and connect with new people always generate new opportunities and better quality listings.
The essential reason to undertake the contact calling process is that you can build your own pipeline of opportunity with new people and new contacts. It really does not matter how tough the local property market is, there are always people around that are looking for property assistance, new property investments, and new buildings to rent.
The challenge today is to help people understand the trends in property prices and rentals. Listings need to be realistically priced from the outset, and the best methods of sale or lease need to be chosen. To achieve this market awareness and convey the right information to the clients that you act for, local market knowledge of previous sales and leasing transactions is a critical part of the process.
Here are some tips to help you build a better market share of listings and clients from cold calling and prospecting.
- When you decide to make the call contact process part of your daily diary activity, schedule the same time every day so that the process becomes a habit.
- Some salespeople have said that they prefer to cold call for one day per week. The reality is that this process doesn’t work. It is not a daily habit and therefore does not grow in momentum and consistency.
- The experience salespeople will tell you that the whole call contact concept is difficult and challenging. That is because it is a new process for many and requires practice. Your ability to create the practice process will help you short circuit the results that you need.
- Momentum is the key to the system. During be allocated time frame of 2 hours, it is essential to call as many people as possible on your target list. Taking time out to enter data into the computer is counterproductive. That process can be left Blossoms By The Park Showflat until later in the day.
- When you get through to the prospect as part of the call contact, lengthy conversations should be discouraged unless the prospect has a real interest in commercial or retail property. Politely terminate the telephone call then move on to further calls as quickly as possible.
- A simple standard form will allow you to capture the information from the call contact. At the end of the day you can use the standard form to enter information into the database.
- You really do not need a complex or expensive database program.. To get things going, it is most important that you have the calls going out, and information being tabulated into a user friendly software program. At the early stages of the process, you simply need to know that the information you have collated is accurate and can be transferred or exported to other files as easily and conveniently as possible. Many contact list programs will do that in the form of a CSV file to a spread sheet format.